- To achieve the goals and dreams below post I am:
- reading this list and my identity in Christ list twice a day;
- studying the Bible with Pastor John every Sunday;
- mediating on God's word daily;
- testing what people say against what the Bible says;
- doing what God says; confessing and repenting when I see an area I haven't turned over to God;
- spending 30 mins each day listening to and speaking Putonghua;
- spending 15 mins each day studying Chinese characters for HSK advance level and PSC;
- meeting my Chinese tutor twice a week;
- exercising each day by doing baduanjin and tai chi;
- eating according the Mediterranean diet;
- using an iBook to create move clips which I use in my classroom;
- ending my class with a proper close (i.e. feedback, follow up, extended tasks, linking class to theme);
- giving constructive feedback to my students which they find helpful;
- charting students progress;
- understanding why students make the mistakes they do by getting them to write their reason for making the mistake;
- reflecting and improving the way I teach and interact with my students.
- keeping time well so I am able to cover what I have planned;
- using formative assessment (getting students to self correct their mistake);
- listening to my students both inside and outside the classroom;
- making myself available to my students whenever they need my attention;
- planning my class with my students' needs in mind;
- giving clear instructions so my students know they need to do.
- using the constructivist approach to help my student to construct linguistic knowledge of English and they are learning (i.e. what I have taught them they are able to use in their own life);
- using wiki, blogs, online quiz such as quizlab.com to facilitate learning; and
- meeting 5 people each day.
I had started this blog to keep my friends and family updated while I was living in Hong Kong. I have once again revived this blog and will try to blog on a regular basis to once again share my opinions and life with people who would like to know.
星期三, 6月 27, 2007
訂閱:
發佈留言 (Atom)
沒有留言:
發佈留言