星期一, 6月 25, 2007

Identity in Christ

I came across Prov 27:6-7 and it says that we should not take bread from a selfish man since what he says doesn't match what is in his heart. This made me think that what I truly believe in my heart will affect the way I do things even though I might say something on the contrary. In addition, it caused me to see the importance of knowing my identity in Christ is. If my identity becomes something that I believe in the depths of my heart then my actions would reflect that identity.

Identity in Christ
MY RELATIONSHIP
  1. 1Jn 3:1,2
    I'm a child of God - He is my Father
  2. Jn 15:15
    I am Christ's friend
  3. 1Jn 4:7
    I am born of God
  4. Rom 8:15
    I have been adopted by God

MY INHERITANCE
  1. Rom 8:17
    I am an heir of God
  2. Rom 8:17; Gal 4:7
    I am a joint heir with Christ
  3. Eph 1:3
    I am blessed with every spiritual blessing
  4. Rom 9:8; Gal 3:14
    I am a child of promise
  5. 2Pet 1:4
    I've been given great promises

MY TRANSFORMATION
  1. Eph 1:6-8
    I'm redeemed and forgiven
  2. Rom 5:1
    I've been justified made righteous
  3. Jn 5:24
    I have eternal life
  4. Rom 6:1-6
    I died with Christ to the power of sin
  5. Rom 8:1
    I am free from condemnation
  6. 1Cor 2:12
    I have received the Spirit of God
  7. 1Cor 2:16
    I have been given the mind of Christ
  8. Gal 2:20
    I have been crucified with Christ
  9. 2Cor 5:17
    I am a new creation
  10. Eph 2:5
    I have been made alive with Christ
  11. Eph 2:10
    I am God's workmanship
  12. Col 2:10
    I have received fullness in Christ
MY POSITION
  1. Jn 15:1,5; Heb 3:1
    I am connected to the true vine
  2. Rom 6:18,22
    I'm a willing slave of righeousness
  3. 1Cor 3:16; 6:19
    I am a temple of God
  4. 1Cor 6:17
    I am one spirit with the Lord
  5. 1Cor 12:27
    I am a member of Christ's body
  6. 2Cor 5:18
    I am reconciled to God
  7. Eph 1:1; 1Cor 1:2; Phil 1:1
    I am a saint
  8. Eph 2:19
    I am a fellow citizen in God's kingdom
  9. Eph 2:13
    I have been brought near to Christ
  10. Eph 4:24
    I'm to be righteous and holy like God
  11. Eph 2:18
    I have direct access to God
  12. Phil 3:20
    I am a citizen of heaven
  13. Col 1:13
    I've been rescued from Satan's domain
  14. Col 3:3
    I am hidden with Christ in God
  15. Col 3:12
    I am chosen of God holy, beloved
  16. 1Thess 5:5
    I am a child of light, not darkness
  17. Heb 3:14
    I am a partaker of Christ
  18. 1Pet 2:5
    I'm one of God's living stones
  19. 1Pet 2:9
    I'm a member of a royal priesthood
  20. 1Pet 2:11
    I'm to be a stranger to this world
  21. 1Pet 5:8
    I'm an enemy of the devil

MY CALLING
  1. Mt 5:13
    I am to be salt on the earth
  2. Mt 5:14
    I am to be light in the world
  3. Jn 15:16
    I'm chosen and appointed to bear fruit
  4. Jn 14:12
    I am called to do the works of Christ
  5. Mt 28:20
    I am to do what Christ commanded His disciples
  6. Lk 10:19
    I have been given spiritual authority
  7. Mk 16:17-20
    Signs should accompany my work
  8. 2Cor 3:6
    I am a minister of a new covenant
  9. 2Cor 5:18,19
    I am a minister of reconciliation
  10. Col 3:4
    I am to be an example of life in Christ
  11. Heb 3:1
    I am a partaker of a heavenly calling

The above table is a modified version of The Believer's Identity in Christ by Don Rogers.

1 則留言:

Unknown 說...

Thank you, Alby!

This is very helpful to understand what kind of person God calls us to be.

Grace