I went to a leadership seminar and the speaker was saying that all we do will not have lasting value if we do not build it upon God's will. He went even further and said that the goals and dreams that we have that are not are not God given have no lasting value since the fruits of our dreams and goals will be tested by fire 1Cor 3:12-15. Only goals and dreams that are God given will produce fruit that are like gold, silver, and precious stones. This is because according to Prov 29:18 without God's living word in our life we would follow the desires of our heart and our desires which are self-seeking and meaningless (Eccl 2:8-9). This brings up the question how does one know if a goal or dream is God given. The basic test is does the goal or dream violates what God has already said in Scripture. The second test is what the motive behind the goal or dream. If it is self seeking then its not from God since Christ did not come into the world to seek his own glory but became a bond servant (Philip 2:5-11).
I had started this blog to keep my friends and family updated while I was living in Hong Kong. I have once again revived this blog and will try to blog on a regular basis to once again share my opinions and life with people who would like to know.
星期一, 7月 09, 2007
Goals and dreams that have lasting value
訂閱:
發佈留言 (Atom)
沒有留言:
發佈留言